Thursday, August 27, 2009

Cochabamba

We made it to Cochabamba safely and have started language school. Its overwhelming as I came in knowing no Spanish. For example today´s lesson included about a million verbs. The teachers seem very good though and are extremely patient, so I think by the end of the two weeks I will have learned a lot.

I keep mixing French words into my speaking, but since most people at the school know at least 3 (if not more)languages I guess it shows I know another language too (kind of). I´ve also gotten some good news from home about various parts of the CPA which is nice; though all of that feels so far removed from what we are doing/experiencing now I haven´t felt terribly excited. I find myself thinking ¨Cool...now if I could only speak Spanish.¨

1 comment:

  1. Epa Mans y Dee.
    Me parece muy chimba (colombian slang means= wonderful) este blog que crearon para contar como les va en Bolivia. No puedo creer que estén en Bolivia, yo se que la van a pasar muy bien y van a disfrutar todo lo que hagan. Hasta ahora lo que he leído parece ser que la han pasado muy bien y que están disfrutando mucho lo que les ha pasado. Me parece genial que estén aprendiendo rápido, tienen que aprender super bien para poder hablar entre nosotros en español, seria muy bueno poder hablar con ustedes en español todo el tiempo, a la vez que seria chistoso jeje. Bueno ojala que la sigan pasando bien y que aprendan mucho español, aunque es muy difícil yo se que van a aprender mucho.
    Abrazos y Besos. Los quiero.
    Pd. Dee se ve muy diferente en con el pelo corto.
    Pd2. I hope yall can understand everything i wrote.
    Jorge Jaimes

    ReplyDelete